Lecture Topic: Speed and Musicality in Cha Cha
Key learning points:
- One common mistake is when speed becomes the priority and musicality suffers resulting in less quality in the dance.
- Importance of fluidity and freedom of movement when dancing and using correct technique to make the dance look and feel effortless.
- The hip area acts as a base and stabiliser. Good hip action comes from a stable and controlled base.
- Torso – where all the activity is done. The main focus is to keep this area pulled up to ensure free movement and fluidity.
- Shoulders – this is your frame. This should have limited movement to enable a strong physical connection with your partner.
- It is all about creating a balance between each area of the body to gain maximum effortless speed.