Key learning points:
- Doing your research about the character of the dance is very important for Paso Doble!
- Male role of The Matador never changes throughout the dance, the lady’s role however, does change and background knowledge on this is essential to performing correct and authentic characters.
- Looking into correct shaping; understanding the meaning behind the shapes and understanding the intent and focus of both dancers. The lady should complement the man, the dance should not become a fight.
- Learning how to use the characterization to create stillness and atmosphere.
- Step by step breakdown of demo couple’s routine and guidance into how to create better and bolder shapes. Also, learn how to use the odd beats in the music to accentuate the steps so that it flows and delivers more meaning.